Frequently asked questions
I am currently in full-time employment. Do I need to resign in order to apply for a Chevening Award?
No, this is not a Chevening requirement and it is up to you to discuss it with your employer. You are personally responsible for ensuring that you will be able to accept the award offer when it's made and that your employer will release you in time for departure to the UK. The British Embassy/High Commission or the Chevening Secretariat cannot intervene in this.
Most popular FAQs
- If I accumulated 2,800 hours of work experience in less than two years, am I eligible to apply?
- Do I need to submit proof of my work experience?
- I don't yet have two years of work experience, but I will by the time my course starts. Can I still apply for Chevening?
- What types of work experience are accepted?
- I've selected my three course choices on the Chevening application. Does this mean that my applications have also been submitted to the universities?