Frequently asked questions
I am currently in full-time employment. Do I need to resign in order to apply for a Chevening Award?
No, this is not a Chevening requirement and it is up to you to discuss it with your employer. You are personally responsible for ensuring that you will be able to accept the award offer when it's made and that your employer will release you in time for departure to the UK. The British Embassy/High Commission or the Chevening Secretariat cannot intervene in this.
Most popular FAQs
- I have completed a HND, am I eligible for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Is there an age limit for Chevening Award applications?
- I applied last year, and I want to apply again, will my last result affect my chances this year?
- Why do you need my biography? (applies to Chevening Fellows only)
- Where can I go for help if I need specialist housing advice?