Frequently asked questions
I am currently in full-time employment. Do I need to resign in order to apply for a Chevening Award?
No, this is not a Chevening requirement and it is up to you to discuss it with your employer. You are personally responsible for ensuring that you will be able to accept the award offer when it's made and that your employer will release you in time for departure to the UK. The British Embassy/High Commission or the Chevening Secretariat cannot intervene in this.
Most popular FAQs
- Can I still apply if I do not have a valid passport?
- Do my reference letters need to be written on official letterhead?
- What should be included in my reference letters?
- What if my referee no longer works for the company I worked for?
- If I accumulated 2,800 hours of work experience in less than two years, am I eligible to apply?