There are so many things to keep in mind when you are getting ready to return home. Make sure you’ve read our tips for travelling home before you go any further.
Congratulations on completing your award! Now that you’re officially an alumnus, it’s time to take your place in this prestigious network of leaders and influencers. Finishing your award is not the end of the road and, as you take the next step of your journey, make sure to take advantage of all the benefits that being a Chevening Alumnus brings!
As a member of the Chevening Alumni community, you will have access to a number of exciting opportunities including:
- Full access to Chevening Connect, an exclusive networking platform for the Chevening community.
- Access to funding for alumni projects through the annual Chevening Alumni Programme Fund (CAPF) competition.
- Opportunities to engage with the UK diplomatic mission in country on bilateral policy issues.
- Professional advancement and learning opportunities.
- Invitations to exclusive networking events.
- Receiving our quarterly alumni e-newsletter The Connection.
Remember to let the Chevening team at your local British embassy or high commission know that you are home. They will be very happy to welcome you back!
There are now over 100 active Chevening Alumni groups around the world. Find your local group and see how you can get involved. Connecting with other alumni can also help you deal with any challenges in re-adjusting to life back home.
Your scholarship year’s member-only Facebook group is archived at the end of your academic year. You will be notified before this happens. As Chevening Alumni, you can stay in touch by joining our closed Chevening groups on Facebook and LinkedIn, and our exclusive online networking platform Chevening Connect.
You now have a role and a responsibility as a member of this great Chevening Alumni network. Review this handy checklist of how to be a proud Chevening ambassador.
Keep in touch. Get involved. Stay connected.