Online application system
All Chevening applications must be submitted through our online application system (OAS). This system will be used throughout the application and selection process, and you may be asked to log back in at various points during the process to receive updates on your application status, or to submit documents.
We have collated tips and advice for you when using the online application system:
1) Where possible, use the Google Chrome web browser, as this is recommended for the best experience. We recommend using a laptop or PC, rather than a mobile or tablet.
2) When completing your application form, work in a full-sized window. This will make the application form easier to read in its intended format.
3) Don’t use your browser’s ‘back’ and ‘forward’ buttons. This will take you out of the system and you will lose all unsaved work. Navigate through the pages of the application form by using the menus on the form.
4) Remember your username and password. This saves time when you want to log back into the online application system.
5) Enter information accurately, especially your contact details. Please ensure that you enter a valid email address. If this changes after you have submitted, please ensure you update it in your application otherwise you may miss important updates about your application. If you provide a second email address, please ensure that it is valid and different from your first.
7) The application form may take some time to complete, so consider preparing your answers offline and then pasting them into the online form later – although do remember to delete the question to avoid duplication! This is particularly relevant if you’re using a public computer, in an internet café for example.
8) Application questions have word counts. In the application form, there is a set of questions you are required to answer. The minimum word count is 100 words per answer and a maximum of 500 words per answer, so please ensure you meet these requirements. Answers that are less than 100 words will not be considered.
9) Save as you go! There is no automatic save function on the system and each session will close after 60 minutes, even if you are still actively editing the form. Any unsaved entries will be lost, so you are strongly encouraged to save regularly to avoid losing your work.
10) You do not have to complete the form in one session. Use the ‘Logout’ button (top right corner of the page) and keep a note of your username and password so that you can come back and finish off your application later. You will also be able to access your application via a link you will receive in an email.
11) Do not plagiarise. If content from other sources is used to answer the application questions, it will be considered as plagiarised and your application will not be passed on to the reading committee, the independent body that undertakes the first review of all eligible applications received. You should, therefore, check your answers thoroughly, ensuring they are original and not copied from other sources.
12) Applications must be submitted in English. Any application not submitted in English is ineligible.
13) Check the size and format of the files you intend to upload and ensure they meet the requirement. The online system will only accept JPG/PNG/PDF documents of no larger than 5MB. Please ensure that the length of file names do not exceed 50 characters.
14) Only submit your application once you’re completely satisfied with it. When you are satisfied with your application, click the ‘Submit’ button. Please note that once you have done this, you cannot modify your application except for the contact details section, and to upload documentation. We do anticipate a high volume of applications, so please give yourself enough time to submit the strongest application possible.
15) Remember, you can only submit one application and we will only accept your first application. In order to withdraw from the process, you will be asked to provide a reason for doing so before the withdrawal is final. If you choose to withdraw your application you will not be able to start another application until applications open again in 2020.
Applications for Chevening Scholarships and Fellowships are now closed. Please check back soon for open awards you may be eligible for.