Frequently asked questions
Can I open a bank account in the UK?
Fellows are generally unable to open a UK bank account because most high street banks do not open accounts for individuals residing in the UK for less than six months (please consult your chosen bank for more information). As such, a cash card is provided for your award allowances.
If you already have an active UK bank account and wish to use this instead of the cash card, you are required to advise the Fellowships team as soon as possible. A transfer fee may be applied and deducted from the funds transferred.
Most popular FAQs
- Do my reference letters need to be written on official letterhead?
- What if my referee no longer works for the company I worked for?
- If I accumulated 2,800 hours of work experience in less than two years, am I eligible to apply?
- Do I need to submit proof of my work experience?
- I don't yet have two years of work experience, but I will by the time my course starts. Can I still apply for Chevening?