Frequently asked questions
Can I undertake a pre-sessional English course in order to reach the English language requirement for Chevening?
You won't be permitted to take pre-sessional courses to fulfil the English language requirement. To meet our English language requirement you will be required to take one of the approved English language tests unless you meet one of the exempt categories.
Please visit the English language section for more information about the Chevening language requirement, accepted English language tests, exempt categories, and help to prepare for your test.
Most popular FAQs
- Do my reference letters need to be written on official letterhead?
- What if my referee no longer works for the company I worked for?
- If I accumulated 2,800 hours of work experience in less than two years, am I eligible to apply?
- Do I need to submit proof of my work experience?
- I don't yet have two years of work experience, but I will by the time my course starts. Can I still apply for Chevening?