Frequently asked questions
What if the university I am applying to requires a deposit in order to issue an unconditional offer?
Candidates should not enter into a financial commitment with any university unless they are selected for a Chevening Award. If a university is asking for a deposit, please let them know that you are still in the Chevening selection process and that results will be announced in early June.
University offer letters which are conditional on finances only will be considered unconditional by Chevening. Once Chevening confirms your award, you will receive your Final Award Letter (FAL), which can be given to the university as evidence of Chevening’s financial support. The university will likely remove the financial condition from your offer at this stage.
Most popular FAQs
- Do my reference letters need to be written on official letterhead?
- What if my referee no longer works for the company I worked for?
- If I accumulated 2,800 hours of work experience in less than two years, am I eligible to apply?
- Do I need to submit proof of my work experience?
- I don't yet have two years of work experience, but I will by the time my course starts. Can I still apply for Chevening?