Will I need to quarantine on arrival in the UK?

You can find out if you will need to quarantine, and more information about how to do that at the following links: Information about quarantine for those travelling to Northern Ireland Information about quarantine for those travelling to Scotland Information about quarantine for those travelling to Wales Information about quarantine for those travelling to England […]

What will happen if there is a local outbreak of COVID-19 at my university?

Universities are well prepared for a local outbreak, and over the summer of 2020, the Department for Education worked with universities to help them draw up plans for measures in the event cases rise on campus or locally. The UK government’s Department for Education has published guidance setting out advice on local outbreaks at universities. Students […]

Will I have access to health care while I’m in the UK?

The UK is a safe place to study, and UK universities are prioritising students’ safety and wellbeing. The UK higher education sector has gone above and beyond to ensure that international students’ physical and mental health are prioritised. If you have any questions about the services you can access at your university, you should get […]

Am I eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine in the UK?

International students will not be charged for vaccination against COVID-19. Students should make sure they are registered with a General Practitioner (GP), who will contact them directly to book their vaccine via an online or telephone system when it is appropriate to do so. Information on booking coronavirus vaccination appointments is available.

I have a Tier 4 visa which is due to expire soon but I am unable to leave the UK because I have tested positive for COVID-19 or there are flight restrictions in place. What can I do?

If you’re unable to leave the UK before your visa expires because of flight restrictions, border closures or a positive COVID-19 test, then you may be able to contact the Home Office and apply for something called ‘exceptional assurance’. Please note that UKVI updates this page regularly but at the moment this only applies to […]

What should I do if I need medical assistance for COVID-19?

It is important to note that you should not go to a GP (doctor’s) surgery, pharmacy or hospital if you have mild symptoms of COVID-19, in order to help protect others. If your symptoms get worse or are no better after seven days, contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, call the NHS […]

What support for wellbeing is available from the Secretariat?

If you need wellbeing support, you should contact your university’s student support services as they have staff available to help you locally and a large number of welfare services. Your Programme Officer or the Chevening welfare and immigration team is available to you Monday – Friday during office hours (09:00-17:00 BST) by email or telephone […]