Do I need to submit proof of my work experience?

No, you do not have to provide proof of your work experience in your application form. In the work experience section, you are asked to provide details of all previous positions held, including: name of employer, job title, and dates of employment. If you are shortlisted to interview, you will be asked to provide references, […]

What types of work experience are accepted?

The types of work experience that are eligible for Chevening include full-time employment; part-time employment; voluntary work; and paid or unpaid internships. Work experience can be completed before, during, or after graduating from your undergraduate studies. However, employment undertaken as part of your undergraduate or postgraduate course are not eligible. Fellowship programmes may have additional requirements […]

What if my work experience is not related to the course I want to study?

We accept work experience from any field. However, if your course choices are not related to your work experience, you will need to explain why you are seeking to make a career change. Note the transferable skills you have gained from your current field of work and how they will help you in your studies […]

I’m using Gmail. Why am I not receiving the Scholargram?

Gmail has a filtering system which sometimes filters out emails from Chevening. 🙁 It will occasionally filter some emails from Chevening (including the Scholargram), but not all! We’ve put together a guide which provides help for the two most common ways that emails from Chevening go astray – follow the steps below to ensure that […]

Why do you need my biography? (applies to Chevening Fellows only)

As experts in your respective fields, we would like to support you in any potential engagement activities outside your fellowship, while you are in the UK. As such, we would like to publish your biography on the relevant fellowship programme page of the Chevening website. If you do not wish for your biography to be […]

When should I start looking at accommodation options?

There is no harm in starting your research into accommodation options as early as possible.  If your university has a housing advice service you can start by contacting them. Ideally, you should not sign any housing contract until you have seen the accommodation you are signing for. Try to do as much research as possible […]

Can you recommend accommodation in the UK for me?

The first thing you may want to do is ask your university about the accommodation they can offer. You should make sure you are aware of any application deadlines as university accommodation is very popular and can get booked up quickly. You don’t have to live in university accommodation as there are lots of private […]