Why am I not receiving emails from Chevening?
Some internet email providers automatically direct emails from Chevening to your spam/junk mail folders. To ensure that emails we are sending you are not ending up in these folders, please put our email address, which for application messaging is [email protected] on your ‘allowlist’.
If you have subscribed to the Alphagram newsletter and are not receiving these, please allowlist our email address [email protected] instead.
Depending on which email provider you use, the instructions to allowlist our emails will be different, but we have listed instructions for the most common providers below (click to jump straight to instructions):
1. First, if you find email from us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the “Not Spam” button
2. Next, open an email that you have received from us
3. Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply”:
4. Click “Add Chevening to Contacts list”
To allowlist our address with Hotmail you will need to add [email protected] to your Hotmail Safe List. Here’s how:
1. First, if you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click ‘Not Junk’
2. Next, check to see if if the email address [email protected] is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find [email protected] on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the ‘Remove’ button.
3. Next, open your mailbox and click ‘Options’ in the upper right hand corner
4. At the top of the page, click on the ‘Junk E-mail Protection’ link
5. Next, click on ‘Safe List’, which is down near the bottom
6. Copy and paste [email protected] where it says ‘Type an address or domain’
7. Click the ‘Add’ button
1. On the Tools menu, click Options
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
4. Add [email protected] where it says ‘Add address’
5. Click OK
To allowlist [email protected] with Yahoo!, you will need to set up a ‘filter’ after first taking the following steps:
1. If you find email from [email protected] is going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click ‘Not Spam’ 2. Be sure that the address [email protected] is not in your ‘Blocked Addresses’ list. If [email protected] is on your ‘Blocked Addresses’ list, select it and click ‘Remove Block’
Now to create the filter:
3. Open your mail and click on ‘Mail Options’ in the upper right hand corner
4. Select ‘Filters’ (in the bottom left corner)
5. On the Filters page, click ‘Add’
6. Select the ‘From header:’ rule, and add ‘contains’ and [email protected], which tells the system to put email with [email protected] in your inbox and not the bulk folder.
7. Click the ‘Choose Folder’ pull down menu and select ‘Inbox’
8. Pick the Add Filter button
1. First, if email from [email protected] ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click ‘Not Junk’ at the top of your screen.
2. Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
3. Go to the Rules tab
4. Select Add Rule
5. Give this rule a name such as ‘Chevening’
6. Create a rule that says ‘If any of the following conditions are met: “From” “Contains”‘ and then paste in ‘[email protected]’
7. From the actions, select ‘Move message’ to mailbox ‘Inbox’.
8. Click ‘OK’
To add [email protected] to your AOL address book:
1. Open an email from us and then click the ‘This Is Not Spam’ button
2. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book
3. Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the ‘Add’ button
4. Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load
5. Paste [email protected] into the ‘Other E-Mail’ field
6. Make our ‘From’ address, [email protected], the Primary E-Mail address by checking the appropriate box
7. Click ‘Save’
To allowlist [email protected] with Bell/Sympatico:
1. Using www.bell.ca/webmail sign in to your Sympatico account.
2. On the Sympatico web page, click on the Options tab at the top of the page. Select the ‘More Options’ link at the bottom of the drop down menu.
3. On the new page, under ‘Junk e-mail’ click the ‘Safe and Blocked Senders’ link.
4. On the next page, click the ’Safe Senders’ link.
5. Enter [email protected] in the box.
6. Click the ’Add’ button beside it.
The screen will refresh and the email address should appear in the Safe List. This will tell Sympatico that email from [email protected] should not be treated as spam.
You do not need to allowlist emails from Chevening in Postini unless you find it trapped in the ‘Junk’ area by Postini.
1. Log into your Postini account
2. Look to see if any email from [email protected] is listed in your Junk area
3. If you find email from [email protected] in the Junk area, check the check box next to the email from [email protected]
4. Click the ‘Deliver Selected’ link at the very top of the Junk screen
5. On the next screen, click the ‘Approve Sender’ check box next to the email from [email protected]
6. Click the ‘Approve Selected Senders’ button
In Rogers Mail, log into your email account and follow these steps to add [email protected] to your address book:
1. On the main screen, select the ‘Add’ link next to the Contacts item, on the left hand side of the page.
2. A form will appear in the middle of the screen. On this form, enter Chevening and [email protected] and select ‘Save’
If you’re still not receiving email you are expecting, there are two things you can do:
1. Use the ‘Not Spam’ button in your Bulk folder.
2. Create a filter to automatically send email from [email protected] to your Inbox. This is the only way to really ensure delivery.
Report as ‘Not Spam’
1. Check your Rogers Bulk folder
2. If you see the email from [email protected], highlight it and click ‘Not Spam’
3. This does not guarantee that your mail will be delivered in the future, but it does help.
Create a Filter
1. Click ‘Options’ in the top right navigation bar
2. Select ‘Mail Options’ from the list that drops down
3. Choose ‘Filters’ located on the left side of the page
4. Click the ‘Add’ button on the Filters page
5. Choose the field you want to match in the incoming message. For example, ‘header’ or ‘to’.
6. Choose the criterion by which you want a match to be made, such as ‘contains’
7. Enter the text string to compare. For example: [email protected]
8. Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inbox
In Webmail for Shaw, log into your email account and follow these steps to add [email protected] to your safe list and to ensure that our emails are not automatically deleted. This ensures that you never miss out on any of our emails!
1. On the main screen, select the ’Address Book’ tab at the top
2. This page will list any/all of your contacts within your address book. On this page, at the bottom, enter Chevening and [email protected]
3. Then, Select ‘Add Contact’. Once you see our email listed in your personal address book, it means that we’ve been safe listed, and will help ensure that you continue to receive our emails straight to your inbox.
Shaw has the practice of deleting any message that appears to have spam-like qualities, even if you’ve asked to receive them. With this turned on, emails can be deleted automatically without ever been seen. To disable this automatic filter, please follow these steps:
1. On the main screen, select ‘Settings’
2. Then, select the ‘Spam Filter’ link
3. On this page, you have the ability to adjust your spam filter settings. Select ’Disable Junk Email Filtering’ so no emails are blocked or deleted automatically.
4. Press the ’Save’ Button
Make sure that our messages arrive in your inbox by adding [email protected] to your address book and confirm that our email is not spam by reporting so in Telus Webmail.
Add Sender to Address Book
1. Click on ‘Address list’ on the sidebar menu.
2. Type [email protected] into the text box.
3. Click ‘Save.’
Report non-spam – TELUS Webmail
1. Open and log into TELUS Webmail.
2. Select the email(s) you would like to report.
3. Click on the ’Not Spam’ button above the email(s).
4. The message will be automatically reported as Not Spam.
To allowlist in Thunderbird, you will need to add [email protected] to your address book, and then set up your Thunderbird Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
1. First, if you find email from [email protected] in your Junk folder, right-click on our email and choose ‘Mark as Not Junk’
2. Next, click the Address Book button
3. Highlight the Personal Address Book
4. Click on ‘New Card’
5. In the ‘Contact’ tab of the new card, copy and paste [email protected] to the email dialog box
6. Click ‘Ok’
7. Next, to allowlist your address book, select ‘Tools > Junk Mail Controls’ from the drop down menu
8. Update the ‘White Lists’ module under the ‘Settings’ tab by selecting ‘Personal Address Book’ from the drop down menu, and then check the box next to ‘Do not mark messages as junk mail’
9. Click ‘Ok’