Am I eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine in the UK?

International students will not be charged for vaccination against COVID-19. Students should make sure they are registered with a General Practitioner (GP), who will contact them directly to book their vaccine via an online or telephone system when it is appropriate to do so. Information on booking coronavirus vaccination appointments is available.

I have a Tier 4 visa which is due to expire soon but I am unable to leave the UK because I have tested positive for COVID-19 or there are flight restrictions in place. What can I do?

If you’re unable to leave the UK before your visa expires because of flight restrictions, border closures or a positive COVID-19 test, then you may be able to contact the Home Office and apply for something called ‘exceptional assurance’. Please note that UKVI updates this page regularly but at the moment this only applies to […]

What should I do if I need medical assistance for COVID-19?

It is important to note that you should not go to a GP (doctor’s) surgery, pharmacy or hospital if you have mild symptoms of COVID-19, in order to help protect others. If your symptoms get worse or are no better after seven days, contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, call the NHS […]

What support for wellbeing is available from the Secretariat?

If you need wellbeing support, you should contact your university’s student support services as they have staff available to help you locally and a large number of welfare services. Your Programme Officer or the Chevening welfare and immigration team is available to you Monday – Friday during office hours (09:00-17:00 BST) by email or telephone […]