What should I pack before arriving in the UK?
When preparing to travel to the UK, awardees should ensure that they pack the following essentials along with their belongings:
- Important documents – passport with visa, Final Award Letter, travel itinerary, travel insurance
- Warm clothing – the UK can be quite cold and rainy, particularly during the winter months. Please ensure that you bring an umbrella, a warm coat, and appropriate clothing for the weather
- Medication – if you suffer from any illnesses, it is a good idea to bring some medication with you until you can register with a doctor in the UK
- Plug adaptors – the UK uses a plug that has three rectangular prongs
- UK currency – you should carry a sufficient amount of UK currency to meet the expenses arising from your immediate arrival.