How do I book my flight to the UK? (Fellows only)
Before booking your flight to the UK, you must ensure that you have the following details at hand:
- Which airport you are travelling to and from
- The dates of your arrival and departure
- Your passport details
- Contact details of an emergency contact
Then proceed with the following:
- Go to the Diversity Travel portal.
- Read and agree to the Chevening Travel Policy
- Read the FAQs.
- Tick the box indicating you have read the Travel Policy and the FAQs; this will create a popup box asking you to login.
- Login using your Chevening reference e.g. XXVF-2018-xxxx.
- Complete the online travel booking request form, ensuring all fields are answered.
- Submit your form online.
- Diversity will send you confirmation of your booking request for your records.
- Diversity will email you with up to three travel itineraries (where there are three options that meet the Chevening fellowship travel policy). You should reply to Diversity as soon as possible (preferably within 24 hours) to confirm your preferred itinerary.
- Do not submit your online form more than once, as this will create a delay in booking your travel.
Diversity Travel will make arrangements for the issue of the ticket to you directly. Please check the details of your ticket carefully. If changes are needed you should inform Diversity by 5:00pm on the day that the ticket is issued. Any delay may result in charges being applied for changes.
Please note the following when you are booking your flight.
- Diversity will require quick responses to their enquiries during this time, as such please make sure you will have regular access to emails when proceeding with your booking.
- We recommend that you do not book your flight until you have received your visa. As per the Chevening Fellowships travel policy, if you need to cancel or amend your booking once it has been confirmed, you will be responsible for any additional costs associated with this. If you choose to book a flight before you have your visa, you do so at your own risk.
- Diversity does not have influence on the baggage allowance included on your flight, as this is organised by the airline. If you wish to upgrade your allowance, you will need to cover these costs yourselves
- In deciding your travel dates you should take note of your fellowships and accommodation dates. A reminder that allowances are paid for the period of your award only (as per your final award letter) and any additional time spent in the UK will be at your own costs
Please remember that Diversity operate standard UK working hours, and if you have any queries after sending your initial email, please contact Diversity via email.