Where can I go for help if I need specialist housing advice?

If your Students’ Union or university doesn’t provide any housing advice then there are other agencies that may be able to help. The housing charity Shelter provides useful information as well face to face and telephone advice. The Citizens Advice Bureau will also be able to offer further advice on your housing issue and you […]

Is my accommodation and property covered by the Chevening Secretariat’s insurance?

No. Your Chevening Scholarship does not include any insurance. We recommend taking out possessions insurance to protect your belongings from theft, fire, loss, or accidental damage while you are staying in the UK. Some university accommodation contracts do include possessions insurance, but you should carefully check exactly what is and is not included. Your Students’ […]