The University of Reading is in the top 1% of Universities worldwide. It has over 150 years of history with a reputation for high quality teaching and research. 98% of the research conducted by the University is rated of international standing. The University is located on a parkland campus which offers a welcoming community feel with a diverse student population originating from over 150 countries across the globe. The town of Reading is conveniently located just 30 minutes from Central London by train and with excellent transport links to other places of interest in the UK, such as Windsor, Oxford, Liverpool, Bristol and Manchester.
The University of Reading has been an international university for more than a century and continues to offer degrees that are highly regarded by employers around the world.
Chevening and the University of Reading
The University of Reading has a long-standing relationship with Chevening, with many high quality Chevening Scholars studying at Reading over a number of years.
Reading says: 'We are extremely impressed with the quality of the Chevening Scholars who, as well as being high achievers in their subject area, also show excellent qualities for being great ambassadors for the UK, the University of Reading, and for their subject areas.
'The prestige of the Chevening brand, coupled with its thorough selection process will bring high quality applications and candidates to Reading’s master's level programmes, as well as further developing our network of outstanding alumni.'
Who do the University of Reading support?
The University of Reading welcomes applications from all Chevening-eligible countries in any subject.
This year, the University of Reading is also generously co-funding a number of awards available to applicants who wish to study one of the following courses:
- MRes Agricultural and Food Economics
- MSc Agricultural Economics
- MSc Agriculture and Development
- MSc Applied International Development
- MRes Applied Linguistics
- MA Applied Linguistics
- MSc Chemical Research
- MRes Children's Literature
- MSc Climate Change and Development
- MSc Communication for Innovation and Development
- MSc Construction Cost Management
- MSc Construction in Emerging Economies
- MSc Construction Management
- MSc Design and Management of Sustainable Built Environments
- MSc Development Finance
- MA Diplomacy
- MA English
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Food Economics and Marketing
- MSc Food Quality and Health
- MSc Food Science
- MSc Food Security and Development
- MSc Food Technology - Quality Assurance
- MSc Information Management for Design, Construction and Operation
- MA International Relations
- MA International Security Studies
- MRes Modern Languages
- MSc Nutrition and Food Science
- MRes Politics and International Relations
- MSc Project Management
- MA Public Policy
- MSc Renewable Energy: Technology and Sustainability
- MA Samuel Beckett: Archive, Text and Performance
- MA Strategic Studies
- MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
All applicants who wish to be considered for an award at Reading are encouraged to select the university/course as their first preference in their Chevening application.