University of Bristol
The University of Bristol is one of the most popular and successful universities in the UK and is ranked 61st in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2023.
Who does the University of Bristol support?
Bristol welcomes applications from any Chevening-eligible country in any subject.
This year, Bristol is also generously co-funding the following Chevening Awards:
- There are 2 awards available to applicants from Vietnam.
- There is 1 award for those applying to MSc Public Policy.
All applicants who wish to be considered for an award at Bristol are encouraged to select the University as their first preference within their Chevening application.
What is it like to study at the University of Bristol?
The University is at the heart of the city of Bristol and has an international reputation for high-quality education and research. It combines academic excellence with an independent, forward-thinking spirit and welcomes students from more than 150 countries worldwide.
Bristol’s Chevening scholars say:
‘I found the city of Bristol very accessible, liveable, vibrant and friendly. It’s one of the fastest growing multicultural cities in the UK.’ – Siddarth, India
‘You will be taught by professors who you can see are truly dedicated in what they do.’ – Tharanya, Malaysia
University of Bristol’s research strengths
The results of the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2021, published May 2022), highlight the outstanding quality and impact of Bristol’s research across all subjects and disciplines. Bristol was ranked fifth, a rise of six places from 11th when the results of the last REF were published in 2014.
Bristol’s REF 2021 results:
- 94% of the University’s research was assessed as either ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’.
- 57% of the University’s research achieved the top ‘world-leading’ 4* rating, compared to a sector average of 41%.
- 37% of Bristol’s research was judged to be ‘internationally excellent’ and received the 3* rating.
Find out more about Bristol’s performance in REF 2021.
For more information about the University of Bristol, please visit the University website.