The University of South Wales was formed in 2013 through a merger of the University of Glamorgan and the University of Wales, Newport to become one of the largest universities in the UK and the largest in Wales.
The university has campuses throughout South Wales, in Cardiff, Newport and Pontypridd. Their unique locations mean you can enjoy everything the region has to offer – city life and culture, stunning beaches, and breathtaking countryside.
Chevening and the University of South Wales
Since 1985, 34 Chevening Scholars have enrolled at the University of South Wales and have gone on to secure prestigious leadership positions across the world.
The University of South Wales says: 'We are proud to partner with Chevening. The Chevening Scholarship programme is a prestigious international scheme, which each year provides awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from more than 160 countries. We are looking forward to working with Chevening to offer opportunities for a greater number of Chevening Scholars, who might not otherwise be able to study in the UK.'
Who does the University of South Wales support?
The University of South Wales welcomes applications from any Chevening-eligible country in any subject.
All applicants who wish to be considered for an award at South Wales are encouraged to select the university as their first preference in their Chevening application.
Read about the experiences of some of our Chevening Scholars:
September 2016 scholars
- Sharif Khoshnaw, Kurdistan, MSc Renewable Energy and Resource Management
- Muhanned Kalash, Libya, MSc Global Governance
- Koemhong Sol, Cambodia, MA Leadership and Management
- Otgontsetseg Bishkhorloo, Mongolia
- Kudakwashe Magura, Zimbabwe, MSc Engineering Management
September 2015 scholars
- Oyuntugs Batbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, MSc Safety, Health and Environmental Management
- Mabedi Letsholo, Botswana, MSc Project Management
Scholars from previous intakes
- Marita Van Rooyen, Namibia, MA Documentary Photography
- Edgar Bennett, Jamaica, MSc Forensic Audit and Accounting
What scholarships are available?
We are pleased to accept applications for the following Chevening Awards:
Chevening Award – There is no cap on the number of awards available
Chevening/USW Partnership Award – three awards available
Applications for September 2018 have now closed. Details of when applications for the 2019/2020 intake will open can be found on the Chevening website.