The Lemann Foundation's mission is to build a brighter, more equitable future for the people of Brazil.
We believe that the most effective solutions to Brazil’s problems will draw on the power of the country’s most precious asset: its people. It is our people who innovate, our people who solve complex social problems, our people who create the conditions of possibility for a more advanced, more equitable Brazil.
Therefore, the Foundation strives to make Brazil a more just and equitable place by guaranteeing access to high-quality public education for Brazilians of all backgrounds while supporting the development of leaders committed to the social transformation of our country.
Our work aligns with the United Nations’ goals to ensure inclusive and equitable education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all, reduce inequality, and forge global partnerships fomenting sustainable development.
Chevening and the Lemann Foundation
The Lemann Foundation will be funding three scholarships to applicants from Brazil wishing to study a master’s degree in Public Policy, Education or Public Health at the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge or the London School of Economics and Political Science.
We partner with Chevening to develop leaders for Brazil in some of the best universities in the world. Our joint scholarship program benefits students committed to Brazil and who want to lead societal changes in vital areas such as education, public policy, public health and sustainability.
This collaboration advances different strategic priorities for our organisation. First, it increases investments for scholarships for Brazilian students in some of the best universities in the UK. Second, it increases our outreach potential towards under-represented populations in UK universities – particularly black and indigenous Brazilians. Lastly, our partnership catalyzes a critical mass of talent devoted to improving Brazil, connecting and empowering them after graduation in prominent communities such as Lemann Foundation’s Leadership Network and the Chevening Alumni Club in Brazil.
Notable alumni of the Chevening Lemann Foundation Scholarship
- Thiago Elert Soares, 2018-2019 MSc Development Studies, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Current workplace: United Nations University (UNU) – Senior Partnerships Assistant
- Juliana Dos Santos de Almeida Sampaio, 2018-2019 MSc International Social and Public Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Current workplace: Ministry of Citizenship
- Anelize Lenzi Ruas de Almeida, 2019-2020 , Master of Public Policy, Oxford University.
- Current workplace: Attorney at the Attorney-General Office of the National Treasury
- Amanda Costa, 2019-2020, Master of Public Policy, Oxford University.
- Current workplace: UNICEF – Independent Consultant for Policies for the Fight Against Violence of Women and Girls