The Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship is aimed at mid-career Ethiopian public servants and government officials with demonstrable skills in the fields of policy, innovation, and leadership.
The fellowship is hosted by Coventry University in multiple locations across the UK (London, Birmingham, Coventry, and other regions) and in Brussels, Belgium.
The fellowship is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
Fellows will undertake an eight-week course covering the following main themes:
- Leadership for government and public policy
- Public policy analysis and management
- Evidence based policy making
- Policy delivery mechanisms and measuring policy impact
- Personal public service leadership and impact
- Strategy setting, transparency, accountability and stakeholder engagement
- Manage change in public policy
Additionally, there will be study visits to, and project opportunities with, a variety of UK and EU government organisations. All participants will have an opportunity to study on a ‘real-life’ policy-based project and this may be accompanied by a short placement in an appropriate government agency. In addition to expert tutor-led sessions and interactive workshops, the programme will include specialist guest talks from experienced government leaders and policy makers, as well as formal and informal networking opportunities.