Can I undertake a pre-sessional English course in order to reach the English language requirement for Chevening?

You won’t be permitted to take pre-sessional courses to fulfil the English language requirement. To meet our English language requirement you will be required to take one of the approved English language tests unless you meet one of the exempt categories. Please visit the English language section for more information about the Chevening language requirement, accepted English language tests, […]

Read more

Do I need to take UKVI Academic IELTS (IELTS for UKVI)?

Chevening will accept standard Academic IELTS or UKVI Academic IELTS as long as they were taken on or after 1 October 2018. However, please check with your university directly about their English language requirements before taking the test or applying for a visa.

Read more