My husband/wife and children will join me in the UK. Can you give me advice on how to apply for their visas? Can they take the same flight as me?

Given the high living costs in the UK, you are strongly advised not to bring your dependents to the UK, as we are unable to offer any financial or immigration support. If you wish to bring your dependents to the UK please contact your university’s international office for further advice about their visas. The UKCISA website also has further information which may be useful.

You can inform our travel provider that your husband/wife and children will be flying with you. They will attempt to find seats for all of you, with yours being within our policy. However, if they cannot find seats for all of you, your husband/wife/dependent will have to book their own tickets on a different flight. Please note that the Chevening Secretariat will not cover any costs associated with your dependents’ travel.