I applied for a Chevening Scholarship last year but due to personal circumstances my application was deferred by the British embassy/high commission to this year. Can I change my university and course preferences listed in my application last year or can I identify three alternative ones?

You are expected to attend the university and course of study that was listed as your first choice for the previous year. Any changes will need to be authorised by the British embassy or high commission where your interview was conducted, so you must inform the Chevening Secretariat of any intended changes as soon as possible.

In addition, you must contact the university as soon as possible to confirm that the offer is still valid for the current academic year. You must also confirm any changes that may have been made to the course or to the admission criteria in the interim period and ensure that you have satisfied it.