Applying for your visa
A Tier 4 (General) Student Visa is usually the most suitable visa type for the majority of scholars coming to the UK to study a master’s degree; therefore this guidance primarily refers to Tier 4 visa applications.
To make a successful Tier 4 application, it is extremely important that before you apply, you read and understand the Tier 4 (General) student visa information from GOV.UK
Please note, Chevening Fellowships may have different visa requirements which will be communicated to you in your pre-departure Fellowgram after you receive your Final Award Letter.
You must also:
- Check that you meet all the requirements before you apply
- Provide evidence in the exact format required by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
- Complete all sections of the form fully, honestly, and accurately
- Allow plenty of time to collate the documents required to make your application
- Ensure that your application does not come under the general grounds for refusal
Please be aware that depending on your circumstances, there may be other suitable immigration options for you. To find out more about immigration or get confirmation of the visa type you should apply for, contact the Welfare and Immigration team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In this section you will find information and resources on the following: