As part of your induction process, you are expected to complete the training below.
If you have any issues, please email [email protected].
1. Cyber security training
The internet is a great resource to learn and connect. There are, however, a minority that misuse the internet for cyber-crime.
These courses will teach you best practice advice for keeping yourself safe online.
Click the Zoom links below to access the courses. You will find the password to each course in your November Scholargram.
Session 1 – Cyber Hygiene
Wednesday 2 November 2022, 14:00 – 15:30 (GMT)
What you will learn:
- Indicators of hacks or data breaches
- Good passwords & how to manage them
- Phishing & how to respond
- Dodgy websites / URLs
- Impersonation scam
- Accommodation scam
- Smishing (phishing by SMS)
- Vishing (voice phishing – on the phone)
- Password scams
- Wi-Fi attack & defence
- Social media privacy
- Top tips & tools
Session 2 – Practical Workshops for Accounts and Device Security
Thursday 3 November 2022 – 14:00 – 15:30 (GMT)
What you will learn:
- How to check for forwarding rules in your email accounts
- How to enable 2-factor authentication
- How to check and adjust your privacy settings on your social media accounts
- How to make your computers and mobile phones more secure
Please ensure you have access to the following before attending these sessions:
- Your computers and mobile phone (if you have one)
- An open web browser (Chrome, Safari, Edge etc.), logged into (as relevant):
2. Diversity and consent training
At Chevening, we are very proud of the diversity of our community.
Across two training sessions, you can expect to learn:
- Key terms
- Expectations of behaviour under UK laws and within the scholarship community
You will also have the opportunity to assess different situations and scenarios.
Additionally, the sessions will highlight potential sources of support and scholarship procedures and policies.
You have been emailed a personalised link to the training.
3. Familiarise yourself with our terms and conditions
By accepting a Chevening Award, you agree to adhere to our terms and conditions, and code of conduct.
Please make sure that you read through the policies that govern Chevening Awards thoroughly.