Scholar Events Competition
Your chance to organise an event for your fellow scholars, funded by Chevening!
Your event could be a cultural, sporting, or social activity – such as a museum visit, a trip to the theatre, a sports tournament, or a visit to a place of natural beauty. It’s entirely up to you!
Why apply to the Scholar Events Competition?
- Events are fully funded by the Chevening Secretariat
- It’s your choice – where in the UK do you want to go, and what do you want to do?
- Flexible timing – you can hold your event on a weekend!
- Further, develop your leadership abilities
- It’s a chance to network with scholars from across the UK
What events have past winners have organised?
- Anna Marasas (University of Birmingham, 2017): ‘The Downton Abbey Experience: a journey into Highclere Castle!’
- John Shen (LSE, 2017): LGBT+ Historical Walking Tour of London
- Muhammad Asim Zeb (University of Leeds, 2016): ‘Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral Adventure’
- Manuel Besares (University of Nottingham, 2016): ‘The Robin Hood Experience: Visiting Sherwood Forest and Nottingham Castle’
- Girish Shivakumar (University of Cambridge, 2015): ‘Punting in Cambridge’
Want to know more? Hear what past winners have to say:
Do some research and apply for it! Despite the busy schedule, you’ll find the time and support that you need. If required, don’t hesitate to contact Chevening Scholars in any city; you’ll get a very positive response.
I challenged myself in this competition. I won, and I did/completed it well. Now I have more confidence in myself.
How do I apply?
The opening dates for applications for the Scholar Events Competition in 2019/2020 are below. We will notify you about the opening of each round of the competition through your monthly Scholargram.
Opens: 1 November
Deadline: 29 November at 17:00
Opens: 1 January
Deadline: 31 January at 17:00
Opens: 1 March
Deadline: 27 March at 17:00
Opens: 1 May
Deadline: 29 May at 17:00
Terms and conditions can be found here.
You can take a look at a sample application form here.