Step Two: Select your country

Please note that your query has not yet been submitted. Read the information on this page carefully, as it sets out what steps you may need to take next.

If you have a general enquiry about Chevening Awards available to you, please make sure that you have read the information on the apply page and your country page on the Chevening website. Your country page can be accessed through the apply page by searching for your country in the large red drop-down box.

Please read the following useful tips:

  • Chevening does not cover PhD, distance learning courses, or courses that are longer than one year.
  • Chevening eligible courses are one-year full time taught UK based Master's courses starting in autumn.
  • All applications must be made on the online system. You can access the Chevening application through your country page. Please read all guidance information on your country page, which is accessible from the apply page.
  • There is no age limit on Chevening Awards
  • Information on what a Chevening Award in your country covers is explained on your country page under 'what is included'.
  • Applicants do not need to hold university offers when submitting a Chevening application. Some university applications open after Chevening applications close. We recommend that applicants apply for their chosen university courses as close to submitting a Chevening application as possible.

Please also read the guidance section of the Chevening website, which contains detailed guidance about everything from references to course selections.

If your question has still not been answered by the information provided to you, please select your country from the list below and send a new email to the email address that corresponds to your country outlining your query:

Follow us on:

Twitter: @cheveningfco


Instagram: @cheveningfco



Useful sites and directories:

For information about the application process for a UK visa, select your home country from the list at

Some of the following sources could be useful for general information for international students in the UK, as well as for specific advice on financial support:


British Council/Education UK


UKCISA (UK Council For International Student Affairs)