The University of Salford’s roots trace back to the time of the great Industrial Revolution of the 19th century, with a strong history of advanced technology and innovation.
Its teaching and research programmes have evolved constantly in response to the needs of industry, commerce, and education. Today, the university is internationally recognised as one of the most innovative and business-engaged institutions in the UK. Health, energy, media, and the built environment are leading subject areas for the university.
Its campus at MediaCityUK offers unparalleled facilities, and with the BBC, ITV, and more than 200 digital companies located there, it is at the centre of the UK’s digital industry.
In addition to its exceptional facilities at MediaCityUK, the university has other truly unique resources, such as its Energy House, the Centre for Virtual Environments and Future Media, the Clinical Simulation Suite, and its Gait Analysis Laboratory.
Chevening and the University of Salford
Salford says: 'The University of Salford is proud to partner with Chevening, as we hope that the students who come and take part in this learning will go on and be the leaders of tomorrow in their home country whilst taking a piece of their Salford experience back with them.'
Who do the University of Salford support?
The University of Salford welcomes applications from all Chevening-eligible countries in any subject. This year, Salford is also generously co-funding a number of Chevening Awards to support a selection of one year taught master's programmes. These are open to all regions, but applicants from the following regions are actively encouraged to apply:
- East Asia
- South East Asia
- Latin America
Salford Business School
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc HRM and Development
- MSc (Global) Management
- MSc Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
School of Arts & Media
- MA Media Production – all strands
- MA Terrorism and Security
- MA International Journalism for Digital Media
- MSc Music
Environment & Life Sciences
- MSc Drug Design and Discovery
- MSc Safety, Health and Environment
- MSc Biotechnology
- MSc Biomedical Science
Computing, Science & Engineering
- MSc Robotics and Automation
- MSc Cyber Security, Threat Intelligence and Digital Forensics
- MSc Renewable Energy Materials
- MSc Data Telecommunications Networks
School of the Built Environment
- MSc Construction Management
- MSc Project Management in Construction
- BIM and Integrated Design
- MSc Public Health
- MSc Advanced Physiotherapy
- MSc Trauma & Orthopaedic
Nursing, Midwifery & Social Sciences
- MSc Nursing
- MSc Leadership & Management for Healthcare Practice
- MSc Diabetes Care
All applicants who wish to be considered for an award at Salford are encouraged to select the university as their first preference in their Chevening application.