Founded in 1881, the University of Dundee is proud to be one of the world’s top 200 universities (Times Higher Education 2018) and one of only 12 in the United Kingdom to also hold a Gold Award in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017.
Dundee is internationally renowned for its expertise across a range of disciplines including science, medicine, engineering and art. Our international reputation attracts top-class students and academics from across the world, with over 140 countries represented in the university community.
Chevening and the University of Dundee
Dundee says: 'The purpose of the university is to transform lives locally and globally through the creation, sharing, and application of knowledge.
'Aligning this with the Chevening Scholarships programme allows the university to welcome outstanding scholars from all over the world and to create lasting positive relationships with future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers.
'The university is pleased to welcome the brightest and best students from all corners of the globe through partnering with Chevening.
'These students contribute towards a diverse student body and an unrivalled student experience.'
Who do Dundee support?
The University of Dundee welcomes applications from all Chevening-eligible countries in any subject.
This year, the University of Dundee is also generously co-funding two awards within the School of Social Sciences: one within the prestigious Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) and one within their world-renowned Law School.
Courses available within CEPMLP include:
- International Mineral Resources Management (MSc)
- International Oil and Gas Management (MSc)
- Managing in the Energy Industries (MSc)
- International Energy Studies and the Environment (MSc)
- International Energy Studies and Energy Economics (MSc)
- International Energy Studies and Energy Finance (MSc)
- International Energy Studies and Energy Policy (MSc)
- International Energy Studies and Oil and Gas Economics (MSc)
- International Energy Law and Policy (LLM)
- International Mineral Law and Policy (LLM)
- International Natural Resources Law and Policy (LLM)
- International Oil and Gas Law and Policy (LLM)
- International Petroleum Taxation and Finance (LLM)
Courses available at the Law School include:
- Law (General) (LLM)
- International Commercial Law (LLM)
- Corporate & Commercial Law (LLM)
- Environmental Law (LLM)
- International Criminal Justice & Human Rights (LLM)
- International Law & Security (LLM)
- Law, Banking & Finance (LLM)
Applicants who wish to be considered for these opportunities are encouraged to select the relevant course at Dundee as their first preference in their Chevening application.