The University of Aberdeen, founded in 1495, is Scotland's third oldest and the UK's fifth oldest university.
It is ranked in the top 1% within the top 150 universities in the world. The University is also in the top 100 in the world for scientific performance by Leiden rankings with Five Nobel Laureates associated with them.
The University offers a wide range of over 150 master’s programmes across the areas of arts & humanities, social sciences, education, engineering, law, medicine, allied health and sciences.
The University is also at the forefront of ground-breaking disciplines focused firmly on the 21st century, such as Global Security, Bio-Medical Computing, Therapeutics, Micro and Nanomechanics.
The University is ranked 6th in the UK for success in commercialising research through spinout companies according to the latest Praxis Unico survey.
Chevening and the University of Aberdeen
Chevening and the University of Aberdeen have a long history of collaboration.
Aberdeen says: 'The University of Aberdeen has partnered with Chevening to support scholars and future leaders from around the world to study postgraduate courses at the University of Aberdeen. The scholarships are intended to provide life-changing opportunities for students from all Chevening-eligible countries.
'They also serve as a welcome statement to help ensure that the brightest and best international students can access world-class education at the University of Aberdeen.'
Who do the University of Aberdeen support?
The University of Aberdeen welcomes applications from any Chevening-eligible country in any subject.
This year, the University of Aberdeen is also generously co-funding a number of Chevening Awards available to applicants from any Chevening-eligible country who wish to undertake a specific degree programmes within the College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS), College of Physical Sciences (COPS) and the College of Life Sciences and Medicine (CLSM) including:
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc International Business Management
- MSc Real Estate
- LLM International Commercial Law (with dissertation)
- LLM International Commercial Law (with professional skills)
- LLM Energy and Environmental Law (with dissertation)
- LLM Energy Law (with dissertation)
- LLM Energy and Environmental Law (with professional skills)
- LLM Energy Law (with professional skills)
- LLM Energy and Environmental Law
- LLM Energy Law
- MSc Professional Communication
- MSc TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- MSc Translation Studies
- MSc Environmental Partnership Management
- MSc Renewable Energy Engineering
- MSc Subsea Engineering MSc
- MSc Information Technology
- MSc Information Systems & Data Management
- Masters of Public Health (MPH)
- MSc Global Health and Management
All applicants who wish to be considered for an award at Aberdeen are encouraged to select the university/course as their first preference in their Chevening application.