Frequently asked questions
What does a Chevening Scholarship cover?
The Chevening Programme includes a tailored engagement programme creating opportunities for scholars to network with each other as well as alumni, the FCO, high profile speakers and partner organisations. Award recipients receive:
- A monthly living allowance
- An economy class return airfare to the UK
- Additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenditure
Costs vary considerably depending on course and university choice. Typically most scholarships are approximately £26,000 for a full academic year.
Most popular FAQs
- I have completed a HND, am I eligible for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Is there an age limit for Chevening Award applications?
- I applied last year, and I want to apply again, will my last result affect my chances this year?
- Why do you need my biography? (applies to Chevening Fellows only)
- Is my accommodation and property covered by the Chevening Secretariat’s insurance?