Frequently asked questions
My landlord/university/accommodation provider is asking me to pay a deposit, what should I do?
You are responsible for paying any accommodation deposits yourself; Chevening do not pay deposits for scholars. Please remember that if you pay your deposit on your cash card, you will receive the deposit back on this card at the end of the year so it is important that you keep it safe.
Most popular FAQs
- I have completed a HND, am I eligible for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Is there an age limit for Chevening Award applications?
- I applied last year, and I want to apply again, will my last result affect my chances this year?
- Why do you need my biography? (applies to Chevening Fellows only)
- Is my accommodation and property covered by the Chevening Secretariat’s insurance?