Do I need to update my CAS after I’ve received my final award letter (FAL)?

You should wait until you receive your final award letter (FAL) before requesting a CAS from your university. Occasionally universities will issue your CAS before seeing your FAL. This probably won’t cause an issue but you should still send a copy of your FAL to the university as they may need to update the CAS to reflect information in the FAL.

Waiting until you have received your FAL has the added benefit that it will sometimes negate the need for a deposit to be paid to your university. Before paying any deposit to your university, you should always ask your programme officer for guidance.