Frequently asked questions
Is there an option for my interview to be conducted through Skype?
Applicants are required to attend face-to-face interviews in the country to which they applied and must be prepared to travel to the interview in the first instance.
Only in exceptional circumstances are Skype interviews permitted. This is usually where security restrictions prevent applicants from travelling to the country to which they applied or where there is no British embassy or high commission present in the country. Such instances are considered on a case-by-case basis and a decision is made following consultation with the British embassy or high commission.
Most popular FAQs
- Can the Chevening Secretariat recommend insurance providers?
- I can’t find the link to request a flight quote from Diversity Travel. What should I do?
- Can I defer my fellowship?
- I require a Schengen visa for the duration of my fellowship. How do I apply?
- When will I receive visa application guidance?