Prudential Vietnam is a member of Prudential Plc, a leading global financial group headquartered in the UK. In Vietnam, Prudential is a trusted life-insurance company that offers effective financial solutions to millions of people in Vietnam. Prudential provides products focused on saving, protection, and investment.
Prudential has a customer base of 1.4 million and over 176,000 financial consultants across Vietnam, an expansive network of over 300 customer care centres and branches located in 63 provinces, and a nationwide hospital/clinic network of over 128 hospitals.
Prudential is the first life insurance company in Vietnam to apply artificial intelligence in insurance consulting. Besides its core business, Prudential also focus on social responsibility. During the period of 2012 to 2017, Prudential Vietnam has contributed over 162 VND billion across three pillars of education, healthy living, and community support.
Why does your organisation partner with Chevening?
Funded by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), the Chevening Scholarships programme provides prestigious awards to enable talented Vietnamese, in both the public and the private sectors, to take up post-graduate study (up to one year) at British Universities.
This programme is targeted at talented young Vietnamese with the potential to become future leaders.
PVA has been a key sponsor of this programme with the aim of supporting the British government’s educational initiative and to demonstrate Prudential’s corporate and social responsibility in Vietnam. PVA have sponsored a total of 32 Chevening Scholars since 1997.
‘I am writing to express my gratitude to the Chevening Scholarships Secretariat. This gratitude also goes to the Prudential whose kindness gave me a chance to experience British education.
'2017 was probably the best year of my life, since I was fortunate to meet thousands of friends around the world. Not only did I learn from them but I also introduced Vietnamese culture to them. As a zealous graduate who wishes to follow a career in education, I believe that my study in the UK definitely benefited my pathway.
'Once again, thank you to Prudential for being at the heart of my trip to the United Kingdom. I hope that I could accompany the development of the company in order to inspire more young people.'
- Nguyen Thi Minh Luan, MSc - Educational Studies, University of Glasgow (2016/2017)
What courses are supported?
- Global Health Science and Epidemiology
- International Management and International Relations (MSc)
- Clinical Mental Health Sciences
- International Relations Theory
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Business Administration
- Gender and Development is the couse of awars to be offers of Prudential VN in year.
- Science and Technology Policy
- Multimedia Journalism (Print and Online)
- International Criminal Law and Security
- Law and Finance
- Banking and International Finance
- Childhood Studies
- International Journalism
- Infection, Immunity and Human Disease
- Ecological Design Thinking
- Urban Planning: Developing and Transitional Regions
- International Relations (International Peace Keeping)
- Conservation and International Wildlife Trade
- International Events Management
- Air Transport Management
- Media and Communication (Media and Communication Governance)
- International Journalism
- Clinical Embryology and Assisted Reproduction Technology
- Clinical Pharmacy, International Practice and Policy
- Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Development
- Business Analytics