Chevening has been a partner with the Aberdeen University Hong Kong Association and Swire Educational Trust since 1991.
Chevening and the Aberdeen University Hong Kong Association/Swire Educational Trust
The aims of the Chevening/Aberdeen University Hong Kong Association/Swire Educational Trust Partner Awards are:
- to enable young Hong Kong graduates, who would otherwise be unable to do so, to take a postgraduate degree at the University of Aberdeen in an environment-related subject for which the university has a good reputation; and
- to empower scholarship recipients to contribute their acquired knowledge and experience to the best advantage of Hong Kong and Mainland China in terms of sustainable development as global citizens.
Upon finishing their studies, previous award recipients have contributed their knowledge to the best advantage of Hong Kong and Mainland China. Many of them currently hold important positions in HKSAR governmental departments (namely the Environmental Protection Department, and the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department), environmental businesses, sustainability development of private corporations, and environmental NGOs.
Who do the Aberdeen University Hong Kong Association/Swire Educational Trust support?
This year, the Aberdeen University Hong Kong Association in conjunction with the Swire Educational Trust is generously co-funding one award, available to applicants from Hong Kong SAR, who wish to undertake one of the following degree programmes at the University of Aberdeen including:
- Applied Marine and Fisheries Ecology (MSc)
- Ecology & Conservation (MSc)
- Energy Law (LLM)
- Energy and Environmental Law (LLM)
- Energy Management (MBA)
- Energy Politics & Law (MSc)
- Environmental and Ecological Sciences (MSc)
- Environmental and Forest Management (MSc)
- Environmental Management (MSc)
- Environmental Partnership Management (MSc)
- Environmental Pollution and Remediation (MSc)
- Environmental Science (MSc)
- Geographical Information Systems (MSc)
- Marine Conservation (MSc)
- People & The Environment (MSc)
- Real Estate (International Option) (MSc) [RICS Accredited]
- Renewable Energy Engineering (MSc)
- Rural Surveying & Rural Property Management (MLE) [RICS Accredited]
- Soil Science (MSc)
- Strategic Studies & Energy Security (MSc)
All applicants who wish to be considered for this opportunity are encouraged to select the relevant course at the University of Aberdeen as their first preference in their Chevening application.