Congratulations on the successful completion of your Chevening Award!
Finishing your award is not the end of the road, just a pause before you continue down a meaningful new path. Now it’s your time to take your place in the prestigious alumni network and gain all the benefits that being a Chevening Alumnus brings, such as:
- Gaining access to Chevening Connect, our exclusive networking platform for the Chevening community
- Accessing funding for alumni projects by participating in the annual Chevening Alumni Programme Fund competition
- Getting involved in the recruitment and selection of new Chevening Scholars
- Engaging with the UK diplomatic mission in country on bilateral policy issues
- Professional advancement
- Attending exclusive networking events
- Receiving our alumni e-newsletter The Connection
- Receiving news about Chevening, the FCO, and the UK
There are so many things to remember when you are getting ready to finish, but we’ve set them all out for you on the Travelling page. Make sure you’ve read that before you go further.
Back home, what next?
Remember to let the Chevening team at your local British Embassy or High Commission know that you are home. They will be very happy to welcome you back! Visit the Stay in touch page for more information on how to get in contact. Remember, the Alumni team is here to help you transition from scholars to alumni, so make sure you send any alumni related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can we keep in touch with each other?
Your year’s member-only Facebook group will be closed down at the end of your academic year. You will be notified before this happens. As Chevening Alumni, get connected through other social media to participate in interesting conversations.
You can also keep in touch with your year group through Chevening Connect, our exclusive platform for Cheveners.
Keep your other links with the UK
Your university might also have an alumni (graduates) association in your country, which may organise activities and provide services of interest and help to you. Be sure to check before you leave the UK. Or you can often find British linked organisations in many countries. Speak to your embassy/high commission for advice.
As you enter the alumni stage of your Chevening journey, here are a few things you should think about:
- Keep your contact details up to date.
- Remember to sign up to Chevening Connect to maximise the power of this network.
- Contact your Chevening officer when you get home.
You also now have a role and a responsibility as a member of this great Chevening Alumni Network. Use this checklist to help you get started.
But most of all, don’t forget to keep in touch!