Founded in 1881, the University of Dundee is proud to be one of the world’s top 200 universities (Times Higher Education 2018) and one of only 12 in the United Kingdom to also hold a Gold Award in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017.
Dundee is internationally renowned for its expertise across a range of disciplines including science, medicine, engineering and art. Our international reputation attracts top-class students and academics from across the world, with over 140 countries represented in the university community.
Chevening and the University of Dundee
Dundee says: 'The purpose of the university is to transform lives locally and globally through the creation, sharing, and application of knowledge.
'Aligning this with the Chevening Scholarships programme allows the university to welcome outstanding scholars from all over the world and to create lasting positive relationships with future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers.
'The university is pleased to welcome the brightest and best students from all corners of the globe through partnering with Chevening.
'These students contribute towards a diverse student body and an unrivalled student experience.'
Who do Dundee support?
The University of Dundee welcomes applications from all Chevening-eligible countries in any subject. This year, the University of Dundee is also generously co-funding an award specifically supporting one of the degree programmes offered by the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP) in their School of Social Sciences.
The list of courses available includes:
- Energy Law and Policy (LLM)
- Mineral Law and Policy (LLM)
- Natural Resources Law and Policy (LLM)
- Oil and Gas Law and Policy (LLM)
- Petroleum Taxation and Finance
- International Oil and Gas Management (MSc)
- International Mineral Resources Management (MSc)
- Managing in the Energy Industries (MSc)
- Energy Studies with Specialisation in Energy and the Environment (MSc)
- Energy Studies with Specialisation in Energy Ec
- onomics (MSc)Energy Studies with Specialisation in Energy Finance (MSc)
- Energy Studies with Specialisation in Energy Policy (MSc)
- Energy Studies with Specialisation in Oil and Gas Economics (MSc)
- Sustainability (MSc)
- Sustainability: Climate Change and Low Carbon Futures(MSc)
- Sustainability and the Green Economy (MSc)
- Sustainability and Water Security (MSc)
Applicants who wish to be considered for this opportunity are encouraged to select the relevant course at Dundee as their first preference in their Chevening application.