Frequently asked questions
What date should I travel to the UK?
You are advised to travel to the UK a few days before the start date of your course to allow time to settle in to your new environment. However, please note, although you will receive your stipend on the date that you arrive in the UK, it will be calculated according to the start date of your course. For example, if the start date of your course is 14 September, your September stipend will be calculated according to the period 14-30 September. If, in this scenario, you arrive in the UK on September 10, you will receive your stipend when you arrive, but it will be calculated as above.
Most popular FAQs
- I have completed a HND, am I eligible for a Chevening Scholarship?
- I applied last year, and I want to apply again, will my last result affect my chances this year?
- I'm using Gmail. Why am I not receiving the Scholargram?
- Why do you need my biography? (applies to Chevening Fellows only)
- Where can I go for help if I need specialist housing advice?