Frequently asked questions
What should be included in my reference letters?
Your reference letters should cover the following:
1) How long have you known the applicant?
2) In what capacity do you know the applicant? (e.g. professional, educational, supervisory, voluntary, religious)
3) When you last had regular contact with the applicant
4) A brief overall endorsement of the applicant, including their:
- Skills in leadership and networking
- Personal, intellectual, and interpersonal qualities
- Ability to complete a demanding academic programme in the UK
Most popular FAQs
- I have completed a HND, am I eligible for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Is there an age limit for Chevening Award applications?
- I applied last year, and I want to apply again, will my last result affect my chances this year?
- I'm using Gmail. Why am I not receiving the Scholargram?
- Why do you need my biography? (applies to Chevening Fellows only)