Frequently asked questions
Can I bring my family with me?
The Chevening Secretariat strongly discourages fellows from bringing dependants with them to the UK. Award allowances are calculated to cover the fellow’s costs only. Fellows will be solely responsible for all welfare and financial arrangements for any accompanying dependants.
Most popular FAQs
- Can I still apply if I do not have a valid passport?
- Do my reference letters need to be written on official letterhead?
- What should be included in my reference letters?
- What if my referee no longer works for the company I worked for?
- If I accumulated 2,800 hours of work experience in less than two years, am I eligible to apply?