Frequently asked questions
Can I bring my family with me?
The Chevening Secretariat strongly discourages fellows from bringing dependants with them to the UK. Award allowances are calculated to cover the fellow’s costs only. Fellows will be solely responsible for all welfare and financial arrangements for any accompanying dependants.
Most popular FAQs
- Do my reference letters need to be written on official letterhead?
- What if my referee no longer works for the company I worked for?
- If I accumulated 2,800 hours of work experience in less than two years, am I eligible to apply?
- Do I need to submit proof of my work experience?
- I don't yet have two years of work experience, but I will by the time my course starts. Can I still apply for Chevening?