Frequently asked questions
Am I permitted to take a leave of absence during the fellowship?
Only if it is approved by both the Secretariat and your host institution in advance. In this event, the following entitlement applies:
- 3 month fellowship duration - up to 7 days travel outside of the UK
- 6 month fellowship duration - up to 14 days travel outside of the UK
- 9 months fellowship duration - up to 21 days travel outside of the UK
Chevening Farewell (16)
Funding and money (27)
Social Media (1)
Work experience (6)
Most popular FAQs
- I have completed a HND, am I eligible for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Is there an age limit for Chevening Award applications?
- I applied last year, and I want to apply again, will my last result affect my chances this year?
- Why do you need my biography? (applies to Chevening Fellows only)
- Where can I go for help if I need specialist housing advice?