Frequently asked questions
Do I have to pay the health surcharge or take out travel insurance?
Depending on your visa, you may be required to pay the NHS health surcharge as part of your visa requirements. If your visa does not require you to pay the NHS health surcharge, you are strongly recommended to purchase travel insurance. A pro-rated contribution of up to £200 will be provided to assist with the cost of either the NHS health surcharge or travel insurance.
Most popular FAQs
- If I accumulated 2,800 hours of work experience in less than two years, am I eligible to apply?
- Do I need to submit proof of my work experience?
- I don't yet have two years of work experience, but I will by the time my course starts. Can I still apply for Chevening?
- What types of work experience are accepted?
- I've selected my three course choices on the Chevening application. Does this mean that my applications have also been submitted to the universities?