Frequently asked questions
Do I have to pay the health surcharge or take out travel insurance? (applies to Chevening Fellows only)
Depending on your visa, you may be required to pay the NHS health surcharge as part of your visa requirements. If your visa does not require you to pay the NHS health surcharge, you are strongly recommended to purchase travel insurance. A pro-rated contribution of up to £200 will be provided to assist with the cost of either the NHS health surcharge or travel insurance.
Most popular FAQs
- I have completed a HND, am I eligible for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Is there an age limit for Chevening Award applications?
- I applied last year, and I want to apply again, will my last result affect my chances this year?
- Why do you need my biography? (applies to Chevening Fellows only)
- Is my accommodation and property covered by the Chevening Secretariat’s insurance?