Frequently asked questions
What should I do if my passport is close to expiring?
We can accept your passport if it is valid for when you will be travelling to and entering the UK, but you will need to get it renewed while you are in the UK, which can take some time and is at your own risk. If you do renew your passport in the UK, please make sure you provide your university, as your Tier 4 sponsor, with a copy. Your other option is to renew your passport now before you start your award, but please be aware that should you do this and not receive it back in time to apply for your visa and travel to the UK, the Chevening Secretariat will take no responsibility for this.
Most popular FAQs
- If I accumulated 2,800 hours of work experience in less than two years, am I eligible to apply?
- Do I need to submit proof of my work experience?
- I don't yet have two years of work experience, but I will by the time my course starts. Can I still apply for Chevening?
- What types of work experience are accepted?
- I've selected my three course choices on the Chevening application. Does this mean that my applications have also been submitted to the universities?