Frequently asked questions
What should I do if my passport is close to expiring?
We can accept your passport if it is valid for when you will be travelling to and entering the UK, but you will need to get it renewed while you are in the UK, which can take some time and is at your own risk. If you do renew your passport in the UK, please make sure you provide your university, as your Tier 4 sponsor, with a copy. Your other option is to renew your passport now before you start your award, but please be aware that should you do this and not receive it back in time to apply for your visa and travel to the UK, the Chevening Secretariat will take no responsibility for this.
Most popular FAQs
- I have completed a HND, am I eligible for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Is there an age limit for Chevening Award applications?
- I applied last year, and I want to apply again, will my last result affect my chances this year?
- Why do you need my biography? (applies to Chevening Fellows only)
- Is my accommodation and property covered by the Chevening Secretariat’s insurance?