Frequently asked questions
My rent needs to be paid in instalments, can you help with this?
Chevening can arrange a ‘short term loan’ where we provide you with stipend advances in line with your rent payments. You will receive a prorated amount in between these advances so you pay back these pre-payments.
To process a short term loan, you need to email your accommodation contract, as well as your instalment plan, to your programme officer. They will then be able to draw up a contract which you should check carefully before signing and returning. You should do this at least a week before you arrive in the UK to allow time for processing and for payment to be made when you arrive.
However, you should always ask whether you can pay your rent in monthly instalments first and give your accommodation provider a copy of your FAL to prove your income.
Most popular FAQs
- Do my reference letters need to be written on official letterhead?
- What if my referee no longer works for the company I worked for?
- If I accumulated 2,800 hours of work experience in less than two years, am I eligible to apply?
- Do I need to submit proof of my work experience?
- I don't yet have two years of work experience, but I will by the time my course starts. Can I still apply for Chevening?