Frequently asked questions
I applied to my preferred universities but I have not received any response. Can Chevening speak to the universities on my behalf?
I have been accepted by one of the universities I listed in my application form. Do I write back to formally accept their offer?
I can't find my preferred university and/or course in the list of options on the online application form. What should I do?
I applied for a Chevening Scholarship last year but due to personal circumstances my application was deferred by the British embassy/high commission to this year. Can I change my university and course preferences listed in my application last year or can I identify three alternative ones?
I applied for a Chevening Scholarship last year but due to personal circumstances my application was deferred by the British embassy/high commission to this year. In the meantime, I changed jobs and the course I originally identified is not relevant for my profession now. Can I identify alternative courses in this case?
I recently attended an interview. Do I wait to hear whether I passed this step before I approach my three preferred universities?
The course I want to study is quite expensive. Can Chevening provide me with a loan for the amount that exceeds the level covered by the scholarship?
Funding and money (26)
Social Media (1)
Work experience (6)
Most popular FAQs
- Do my reference letters need to be written on official letterhead?
- What if my referee no longer works for the company I worked for?
- If I accumulated 2,800 hours of work experience in less than two years, am I eligible to apply?
- Do I need to submit proof of my work experience?
- I don't yet have two years of work experience, but I will by the time my course starts. Can I still apply for Chevening?