Frequently asked questions
I applied to my preferred universities but I have not received any response. Can Chevening speak to the universities on my behalf?
I have been accepted by one of the universities I listed in my application form. Do I write back to formally accept their offer?
I can't find my preferred university and/or course in the list of options on the online application form. What should I do?
I applied for a Chevening Scholarship last year but due to personal circumstances my application was deferred by the British embassy/high commission to this year. Can I change my university and course preferences listed in my application last year or can I identify three alternative ones?
I applied for a Chevening Scholarship last year but due to personal circumstances my application was deferred by the British embassy/high commission to this year. In the meantime, I changed jobs and the course I originally identified is not relevant for my profession now. Can I identify alternative courses in this case?
I recently attended an interview. Do I wait to hear whether I passed this step before I approach my three preferred universities?
The course I want to study is quite expensive. Can Chevening provide me with a loan for the amount that exceeds the level covered by the scholarship?
Chevening Farewell (16)
Funding and money (27)
Social Media (1)
Work experience (6)
Most popular FAQs
- I have completed a HND, am I eligible for a Chevening Scholarship?
- I applied last year, and I want to apply again, will my last result affect my chances this year?
- I'm using Gmail. Why am I not receiving the Scholargram?
- Why do you need my biography? (applies to Chevening Fellows only)
- Where can I go for help if I need specialist housing advice?