Frequently asked questions
Can I apply for a Chevening Scholarship to study a distance learning course delivered by a UK university?
I already have an unconditional offer from a university. Do I still need to identify and list three universities in the application form?
If I don’t receive an offer from the three choices I listed on the application form, can I have additional choices?
I would like to choose a 12 month course that also includes an optional six months placement. Because I can't choose a course longer than 12 months, I wouldn't follow the placement. Can I list this course as one of my options?
I would like to choose a 12 month course that also includes an optional six months placement. Because I can't attend a course longer than 12 months, I would pay for the placement myself. Can I list this course as one of my options?
Chevening Farewell (16)
Funding and money (27)
Social Media (1)
Work experience (6)
Most popular FAQs
- I have completed a HND, am I eligible for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Is there an age limit for Chevening Award applications?
- I applied last year, and I want to apply again, will my last result affect my chances this year?
- Why do you need my biography? (applies to Chevening Fellows only)
- Is my accommodation and property covered by the Chevening Secretariat’s insurance?